Negotiations can be the most stressful time of the journey because of the uncertainty of what the seller(s) may be thinking and of the possibility of multiple offers being submitted. If your serious about the property, the best opportunity you have to getting your offer accepted is by presenting your BEST.
The negotiation process might be settled within a few hours or it can take several days. During this time the buyer and seller may counter offer back and forth until an agreement is reached.
Here are some important facts to keep in mind during negotiations:
* If the seller thinks your offer is unreasonable, he/she may take offense and not respond
* Negotiations does not close the door to other offers being submitted
* The seller can stop negotiations with you prior to written acceptance of the final counter
* A verbal agreement isn't binding. Therefore you don't have a contract until all have signed
With an accepted offer in hand it's no time to move on to Step 6 - Inspections
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Will getting pre-approved lower your score? Most Credit Scores are not affected by multiple inquiries from auto, mortgage or student loan lenders within a short period of time. Typically, these are treated as a single inquiry and will have little impact on your credit scores. (copied in part from My FICO). To read the full article CLICK HERE
Ready to get pre-approved? There are several local loan professionals who would love to visit with you. CLICK HERE
Thinking about selling?
Would you like to know:
* How much your home is worth
* How to inspire higher offers
* How long it can take to sell
For a selling consultation call Preferred Real Estate 580-470-8100
or one of our sales associates. Agent Roster