Negotiations can be the most stressful time of the journey because of the uncertainty of what the seller(s) may be thinking and of the possibility of multiple offers being submitted. If your serious about the property, the best opportunity you have to getting your offer accepted is by presenting your BEST.
The negotiation process might be settled within a few hours or it can take several days. During this time the buyer and seller may counter offer back and forth until an agreement is reached.
Here are some important facts to keep in mind during negotiations:
* If the seller thinks your offer is unreasonable, he/she may take offense and not respond
* Negotiations does not close the door to other offers being submitted
* The seller can stop negotiations with you prior to written acceptance of the final counter
* A verbal agreement isn't binding. Therefore you don't have a contract until all have signed
With an accepted offer in hand it's no time to move on to Step 6 - Inspections
Would you like to know:
* How much your home is worth
* How to inspire higher offers
* How long it can take to sell
* The answers to all of your questions
For a selling consultation call Preferred Real Estate 580-470-8100
or one of our sales associates. Agent Roster